25th March 2016, Bangkok, Thailand. Thai Union Group PCL (Thai Union) swept the board among Thai firms in the 16th annual Asia’s Best Managed Companies Poll by FinanceAsia which was published this week.
In a poll of 129 portfolio managers and buy-side analysts around the world, Thai Union was ranked first in:
- No. 1 Best managed company in Thailand;
- No. 1 Best CEO in Thailand;
- No. 1 Most committed to corporate governance in Thailand;
- No. 1 Best at corporate social responsibility in Thailand and;
- No. 1 Best at investor relations in Thailand
Commenting on the poll results, Thai Union President and CEO, Thiraphong Chansiri said he was gratified that the hard work of the past year had allowed his company to receive such high recognition.
“I am very proud that Thai Union has gained the confidence and trust from investment analysts and investors for our work, particularly in corporate governance and corporate social responsibility. There were a series of projects related to these areas launched over the last year, including the rollout of our revised Business Ethics and Labor Code of Conduct.”
Thai Union was listed in Dow Jones Sustainability Indices Emerging Markets for the second year in a row as well as in the inaugural SET Sustainability Investment index, proving the firm’s efforts and commitment on this front.
2015 was a record-breaking year for Thai Union as we reached a number of significant milestones in terms of revenues and net profit. Additionally, we were privileged and humbled to be the recipient of a number of prestigious awards.
- Awarded “No. 1 Best for Overall Corporate Governance in Thailand”; “No.1 Best for Responsibilities of Management and the Board of Directors in Thailand”, “No.1 Best for Corporate Social Responsibility in Thailand”, “No.2 Best for Shareholders’ Rights and Equitable Treatment in Thailand”, “No.2 Best for Investor Relations in Thailand”, and “No.3 Best for Disclosure and Transparency in Thailand” from Asiamoney
- Awarded “The Excellence in Investor Relations” from IR magazine awards South East Asia
- “Outstanding Investor Relations” awards from the Stock Exchange of Thailand
The firm’s investor communication is relentless and consistent, ensuring timely and accurate disclosure with high transparency, allowing it to establish strong trust from investors.
Thai Union remains committed to driving positive progress, achieving continual business growth and its vision of becoming the world’s most trusted seafood leader.