The Sustainable Development (SD) Committee is a high-level decision-making mechanism for advancing Thai Union's sustainability strategy, in support of our corporate goal "Healthy Living, Healthy Oceans". Co-chaired by the CEO and the Group Director of Sustainability, the SD Committee brings together key senior executives and meets several times throughout the year to review the progress towards our sustainability commitments, consider emerging issues and new policy proposals, and make strategic decisions to drive Thai Union's sustainability programs. The decisions of the SD Committee are communicated to relevant business units and functions for implementation in collaboration with our global Sustainable Development team.
Mandates of the SD Committee
- Provide strategic guidance and direction on the overall sustainable development strategies, policies and programs, in support of Thai Union's corporate goal 'Healthy Living, Healthy Oceans' and sustainability strategy, SeaChange®.
- Determine key changes of sustainability policies and practices that will help Thai Union deliver against global sustainability goals and standards, such as the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) Corporate Sustainability Assessment (CSA).
- Review the progress of implementation of critical sustainability-related commitments, including but not limited to: the Tuna Commitment, Packaging Commitment, Climate Change Commitment, and Human Rights-related Policies.
- Establish sub-committees, as appropriate, to drive the implementation of key sustainability policies.
Members of the SD Committee
- Thiraphong Chansiri, President & CEO (Chair)
- Adam Brennan, Group Director, Sustainability (Co-Chair)
- Shue Chung Chan, Group Director, Corporate Office
- Roy Chan, CEO, i-Tail Corporation and Managing Director, Thai Union Manufacturing Head Office
- Ludovic Garnier, Group CFO
- Kulshaan Singh, Group Director, Human Resources
Our global Sustainable Development team provides technical and secretariat support to the SD Committee. The global Sustainable Development team also engages and works with other team members across functions and locations throughout the world to drive the implementation of Thai Union's sustainability policies and programs under our SeaChange® strategy. In addition, the Group Director of Sustainability sits on the Global Leadership Team and the Risk Management Committee to ensure a direct link between sustainability and the Board of Directors.