Thai Union is dedicated to manufacturing high-quality processed seafood that is safe, hygienic and achieves excellent customer satisfaction. We continuously work to advance our products in these areas.
Providing our customers with top quality products from sustainable sources is always our first priority.
Thai Union’s quality policy commits us to innovating products of the highest quality to attain domestic and international consumers’ trust and confidence. We satisfy our worldwide customers’ expectations that all our products meet international food quality and safety standards with full traceability.
Each and every Thai Union product has undergone stringent quality control in every stage of processing to ensure the end product is free from biological and chemical contaminations.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: FOOD SAFETY AND HYGIENE
Our Quality Management System is the platform that we use globally to consistent food safety, compliance with quality standards and to create value for consumers. Our internal Quality Management System is audited and verified by independent certification bodies to prove conformity to internal standards, ISO norms, laws and regulatory requirements. The Quality Management System begins with the control of processes for externally provided products. We work with our suppliers to help them improve the quality of their products. The system reflects key global food safety demands and addresses quality, environmental and social issues.
Thai Union’s appreciation of the demands of consumers regarding quality and safety means we work with suppliers to help them create a product that can be delivered to market with little or no alteration.
To ensure the safety and quality of products through. every stage of the supply chain, Thai Union regularly sends its representatives to conduct on-site audits, scrutinizing production line practices and standards. Our oversight of supplier standards involves the delivery of regular reports, as well as audits upon request or at specified times throughout the term of the contract. These risk management and auditing tools greatly increase the likelihood of suppliers meeting Thai Union’s standards and initiatives on food safety.
The company operates its own food testing laboratory with ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation from the Thai Ministry of Public Health’s Department of Medical Sciences. The laboratory was recognized in 2010 as the most outstanding laboratory by the Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives’ National Bureau of Agricultural Commodity and Food Standards.
We continuously strive for excellence in food safety and environmental protection, which is reflected in numerous national and international accreditations including: ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System, ISO 14000 Environmental Management System, ISO 50001 Energy Management System, OHSAS 18001: Occupational Health and Safety Management System, and certified Best Aquaculture Practices for the whole shrimp supply chain, HACCP, GMP, BRC, IFS, Kosher and Halal. Our products include information for consumers to ensure that they are consumed safely and meet the highest level of quality.
Thai Union’s Food quality & safety accreditations:
- Accredited with ISO 9000 on Quality Management System by United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS).
- Accredited with ISO 14000 on Environmental Management System by United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS).
- Accredited with OHSAS 18001, TIS 18001: Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
- Accredited with ISO/IEC 17025 by the Bureau of Laboratory Quality Standard, Department of Medical Sciences, Ministry of Public Health and by the National Bureau of Agricultural Commodity and Food Standards (ACFS), Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives of Thailand.
- Accredited with BRC Global Standard for Food Safety by United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS).
- Accredited with Kosher Certificate by Union of Orthodox Jewish Congregations of America.
- Accredited by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), a US agency in charge of inspecting the quality of imported food and medicines.
- Accredited by Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA), a Canadian agency in charge of monitoring quality of imported food and medicines.
- Accredited with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) by Department of Fishery and Department of Agriculture, Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives of Thailand and with HACCP USFDA by SGS (Thailand) Limited. The Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points system is a quality assurance system on food safety. It can effectively prevent hazards including biological, chemical and physical contamination by placing emphasis on monitoring manufacturing procedures, especially the points or stages that are critical control points (CCP), with consumer safety as the key objective.
- Accredited with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) for food manufacturing operation by Department of Fishery, Department of Livestock and Department of Agriculture, Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives of Thailand, and by the Office of Public Health of Samut Sakhon Province.
- Accredited with Halal standard by the Central Islamic Committee of Thailand.
- Accredited with Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP) by Aquaculture Certification Council, Inc. (ACC) for our standard practices pertaining to shrimp culture and processing, covering shrimp hatcheries, and shrimp farm and shrimp processing factories. Our emphasis on social and environmental responsibility as well as attention to the safety of food products and product traceability is particularly notable.
- Accredited with Q Mark Certificate by Department of Fishery, Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives of Thailand.