THAI UNION QUALITY POLICY
Our actions to ensure food quality and safety are guided by the company’s quality policy:
Thai Union is dedicated to manufacturing high-quality processed seafood that is safe, hygienic and achieves excellent customer satisfaction. We continuously work to advance our products in these areas.
Our assurance is that our products comply with that policy and also meet all external regulatory requirements on safety and quality.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: FOOD SAFETY AND HYGIENE
Our Quality Management System is the platform that we use globally to ensure consistent food safety, compliance with quality standards and to create value for consumers. Our internal Quality Management System is audited and verified by independent certification bodies to prove conformity to internal standards, ISO norms, laws and regulatory requirements. The Quality Management System begins with the control of processes for externally provided products. We work with our suppliers to help them improve the quality of their products. The system reflects key global food safety demands and addresses quality, environmental and social issues.
Thai Union’s appreciation of the demands of consumers regarding quality and safety means we work with suppliers to help them create a product that can be delivered to market with little or no alteration.
To ensure the safety and quality of products through every stage of the supply chain, Thai Union regularly sends its representatives to conduct on-site audits, scrutinizing production line practices and standards. Our oversight of supplier standards involves the delivery of regular reports, as well as audits upon request or at specified times throughout the term of the contract. These risk management and auditing tools greatly increase the likelihood of suppliers meeting Thai Union’s standards and initiatives on food safety.
The company operates its own food testing laboratory with ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation from the Thai Ministry of Public Health’s Department of Medical Sciences. The laboratory was recognized in 2010 as the most outstanding laboratory by the Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives’ National Bureau of Agricultural Commodity and Food Standards.
We continuously strive for excellence in food safety, environmental protection, and energy management system which are reflected in numerous national and international accreditations including: ISO 9001 Quality Management System, ISO 14001 Environmental Management System, ISO 50001 Energy Management System, OHSAS 18001: Occupational Health and Safety Management System, and certified Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP) for the whole shrimp supply chain, HACCP, GMP, BRC, Kosher and Halal. Our products include information for consumers to ensure that they are consumed safely and meet the highest level of quality.
THAI UNION’S FOOD QUALITY & SAFETY ACCREDITATIONS
- Accredited with ISO 9001 on Quality Management System by the JAS-ANZ.
- Accredited with ISO 14001 on Environmental Management System by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS).
- Accredited with OHSAS 18001, TIS 18001: Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
- Accredited with ISO/IEC 17025 by the Bureau of Laboratory Quality Standards, Department of Medical Sciences, Ministry of Public Health and by the National Bureau of Agricultural Commodity and Food Standards (ACFS), and the Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives, Thailand.
- Accredited with BRC Global Standard for Food Safety by the JAS-ANZ.
- MSC Chain of custody (Marine Stewardship Council.)
- Accredited with Kosher Certificate by the Union of Orthodox Jewish Congregations of America covering tuna and sardine plants.
- Accredited by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), a U.S. agency in charge of inspecting the quality of imported food and medicines.
- Accredited by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA), a Canadian agency in charge of monitoring quality of imported food and medicines.
- Accredited with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) by the Department of Fisheries and the Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives, Thailand and with HACCP USFDA. The Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points system is a quality assurance system on food safety. It can effectively prevent hazards including biological, chemical and physical contamination by placing emphasis on the monitoring of manufacturing procedures, especially the points or stages that are critical control points (CCP), with consumer safety as the key objective.
- Accredited with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) for food manufacturing operations by the Department of Fisheries, Department of Livestock Development and the Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives, Thailand, and by the Office of Public Health of Samut Sakhon Province.
- Accredited with Halal standard by the Central Islamic Committee of Thailand.
- Accredited with Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP) by the Aquaculture Certification Council, Inc. (ACC) for our standard practices pertaining to shrimp culture and processing, covering shrimp hatcheries, shrimp farms and shrimp processing factories. Our emphasis on social and environmental responsibility as well as attention to the safety of food products and product traceability is particularly notable.
- Accredited with Q Mark Certificate by the Department of Fisheries, and the Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives, Thailand.