THAI UNION QUALITY POLICY
Our actions to ensure food quality and safety are guided by the Company's quality policy:
Thai Union is dedicated to manufacturing high-quality processed seafood that is safe, wholesome, and achieves excellent customer satisfaction. We continuously work to advance our products in these areas.
Our assurance is that our products comply with that policy and also meet all external regulatory requirements on safety and quality.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: FOOD SAFETY AND HYGIENE
Our Quality Management System is the platform that we use globally to ensure consistent food safety, compliance with quality standards and to create value for consumers. Our internal Quality Management System is audited and verified by independent certification bodies to prove conformity to internal standards, international standards, laws and regulatory requirements. The Quality Management System begins with the control of processes for externally provided materials. We work with our suppliers to help them improve the quality of their products. The system reflects key global food safety demands and addresses quality, integrity, environmental and social issues.
Thai Union's appreciation of the demands of consumers regarding quality and safety means we work with suppliers to help them create a quality product that can be delivered to market with little or no alteration.
To ensure the safety, quality and integrity of products through every stage of the supply chain, Thai Union regularly sends its representatives to conduct on-site audits, scrutinizing production line practices and standards. Our oversight of supplier standards involves the delivery of regular reports, as well as audits upon request or at specified times throughout the term of the contract. These risk management and auditing tools greatly increase the likelihood of suppliers meeting Thai Union's standards and initiatives on food safety.
The Company operates its own food testing laboratory with ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation from Department of Medical Science, Ministry of Public Health, Thailand. The laboratory was awarded as the most outstanding laboratory in year 2010 by the Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives' National Bureau of Agricultural Commodity and Food Standards.
We continuously strive for excellence in food safety, food integrity, environmental protection, and energy management system which are reflected in numerous national and international accreditations including: GMP, HACCP, BRC, ISO 9001: Quality Management System, ISO 14001: Environmental Management System, ISO 45001: Occupational Health and Safety Management System, Kosher, Halal, Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP), and Aquaculture Stewardship Council (ASC) Farm Standard.
Our products include information for consumers to ensure that they are consumed safely. The products meet the the highest level of quality as we implemented a Combating Food Fraud and Food Defense Strategy to protect our food supply chains from any risk of intentional and unintentional contaminations.
THAI UNION'S FOOD QUALITY & SAFETY ACCREDITATIONS
- Accredited with ISO 9001 on Quality Management System by the JAS-ANZ.
- Accredited with ISO 14001 on Environmental Management System by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS).
- Certified with TIS 18001: Occupational Health and Safety Management System by SGS
- Accredited with ISO/IEC 17025: Testing and Calibration Laboratory by Department of Medical Sciences, Ministry of Public Health and by the National Bureau of Agricultural Commodity and Food Standards (ACFS), Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives, Thailand.
- Accredited with BRC Global Standard for Food Safety by the JAS-ANZ.
- MSC Chain of Custody from Marine Stewardship Council by ASI
- Accredited with Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP) from the Aquaculture Certification Council, Inc. (ACC) by ANSI.
- Complied with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requirements, audited by USFDA agency in charge of inspecting the quality of imported food.
- Complied with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA), a Canadian agency in charge of monitoring quality of imported food.
- Accredited with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) for food manufacturing operations by the Department of Fisheries and Department of Livestock Development, Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives, Thailand.
- Accredited with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) by the Department of Fisheries, Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives, Thailand.
- Accredited with Halal standard by the Central Islamic Committee of Thailand.
- Accredited with Kosher Certificate by the Union of Orthodox Jewish Congregations of America for tuna and sardine plants.