- As part of the Company’s global sustainability strategy, SeaChange®, Thai Union is committed to supporting people and communities where it operates
- The global Thai Union Cares program was initiated at the start of COVID-19 to support both people and animals impacted by the pandemic
- Thai Union has now donated more than 3.3 million servings of food globally to support communities since the onset of COVID-19
- More than 78,000 cans of pet food and more than 4,000 kilograms of hard dog food have also been donated so far this year to animal charities, pet shelters, pet organizations and pet volunteers in Thailand
BANGKOK - August 30, 2021 – Thai Union Group PCL donated more than 326,000 servings of food In Thailand over the five months from April to August 2021 as part of its global Thai Union Cares program to provide humanitarian assistance to local communities impacted by COVID-19.
The donations were made to Thai government agencies, non-government organizations, hospitals and foundations in response to the resurgence of COVID-19 in Thailand, which has had a significant impact on communities across the country.
Under the global Thai Union Cares program, which was launched at the beginning of the pandemic, the Company has donated more than 3.3 million servings of food across the world, through government agencies, non-government organizations, foundations and hospitals. The company has also donated more than 78,000 cans of Bellotta and Marvo cat and dog food - as well as more than 4,000 kilograms of hard dog food - to animal charities, pet shelters, community organizations and animal volunteers.
Between April and August 2021, Thai Union’s donations in Thailand included:
- 240,000 cans of SEALECT products to government agencies, including the Ministry of Labour, Ministry of Social Development and Human Security and the Medical Service Department
- 26,500 cans of SEALECT products to a number of community foundations
- 13,000 cans of SEALECT products and 1,000 sets of frozen ready-to-eat meal to non-government organizations
- 15,000 cans of SEALECT products and 4,700 sets of ready-to-eat meals to local hospitals and COVID-19 vaccination centers
- 12,000 cans of SEALECT products to local government agencies in Samut Sakhon
- 12,000 sets of ready-to-eat meals and 24,000 bottles of water to the Metropolitan Police Bureau
- 2,400 cans of tuna products as raw material to EXIM Bank to be used in meals that will be distributed to communities impacted by the pandemic
- 700 kilograms of frozen seabass to the Samut Sakhon Red Cross Chapter and ORA Social Enterprise
In addition to food servings, Thai Union has also donated 20 Hi-Flow Heated Respiratory Humidifiers, 10,000 Antigen Test Kits and 10,000 sets of Fingertip Pulse Oximeters worth THB 9.2 million to the Samut Sakhon government to support their fight against COVID-19, and THB 300,000 to the Bhumirajanagarindra Kidney Institute Hospital to support its operations. These donations continue Thai Union’s commitment to supporting those communities - both human and animal - where it operates.
“We are a global food company committed to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 2 (UN SDG 2) to end hunger,” said Thiraphong Chansiri, Thai Union’s CEO. “Being able to provide healthy and nutritious products to help support those communities where we operate during this challenging time is both a responsibility and a privilege. We are always stronger together, and so we will continue to partner with the private and public sector to do everything we can to help overcome the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic,” Chansiri said.