We invest in our employees as a simple and effective formula for success. At Thai Union, everyone is highly valued for their contributions. We recognize and nurture new ideas and a passion for achievement.
GLOBAL TALENT DEVELOPMENT
Our senior management is committed to developing our people at every level. Thai Union’s Global Talent Development program is built in partnership with our employees and leadership, so our employees have an integral role driving their own career development. Throughout the Thai Union Group, each company in every region assesses and develops its talent pool to build employees’ skillsets and prepare them for advancement. Every year, a Talent Review and Succession Plan are conducted to review and customize the individual development processes for our employees.
Thai Union’s Global Talent Development program is available to all employees and includes:
- An onboarding process that facilitates a warm welcome, a smooth transition, and a foundation for long-term success
- Vocational, corporate values, cross-cultural and Code of Conduct classroom trainings led by internal and external experts, so our employees have access to the information and resources they need to excel
- Mentoring, coaching, and feedback mechanisms to provide support and build leadership capacity;
- Cross-functional projects to promote knowledge-building, sharing, and collaboration
- Stretch assignments with coaching and learning resources to foster growth
- Job rotations to support skillset expansion and spark inspiration, connections, and long-term visioning that results from a big picture perspective
- International project assignments to enhance cultural competencies and language skills, adding value to current and future roles
- A structured and personalized follow-up process to assess the Global Talent Development program’s impact and track talent development progress
GLOBAL TALENT DEVELOPMENT/ TU ACADEMY
We place a high priority on employee development at Thai Union, as their growth would enable them to further their careers within our global company. To foster this growth, our learning and development (L&D) function provides opportunities for them to upskill and apply these learnings back on the job to make a real impact to their roles.
On a regional level, our L&D teams work with business unit leaders to identify their development needs, and put in place learning programs to meet those needs. We have a L&D function in all our major markets, to ensure speediness of response as well as to provide localized programs in areas such as leadership development, functional skills, and technical skills.
On a global corporate level, our “Thai Union Academy” focuses on executive leadership development, future skills, and optimization tools such as “Agile” and Transformation. This function also supports the regional L&D teams with programs so there is a consistent learning experience for all. In addition, this function supports the learning development of “SPACE-F”, Asia’s first Startup Incubator and Accelerator focused on Food-Tech.
Supporting this, we have an online platform where employees can learn at their own pace and on topics that aligns to their development path.
Our focus on learning is on acquiring skills which are applied, rather than learning to gain knowledge (though there is always an overlap). This is one of the elements that make employee development at Thai Union such a valuable experience, and one which cements learning as a strong pillar for creating impact.